Junior Full Stack Developer
Line Responsibility: Client Service Manager
Hours: Full time. Option for flexible hours to suit the needs of the business and hybrid of office based and home working
Location: Thurleigh, Bedfordshire
Our clients rely on us to make their lives easier. How do we do this? With sector focused software solutions.
Here at Phew, we always put our clients’ needs at the forefront of what we do. Collaborating on every decision, we work together with our clients to deliver on our promises and leave a legacy that creates wider social impact.
We embrace innovation and thrive on the debate it creates. We believe disrupting the norm challenges and empowers us to continually improve and enhance our world-class service.
This enables us to provide best-in-class software tools, making a real difference, through knowledge and experience, in the health and public sectors. We have created a whole range of software solutions that have made hospitals, safeguarding bodies and other public sector organisations more effective and efficient. Positively changing the day-to-day lives of our client’s stakeholders.
We encourage a culture of development, growth and productivity and place our people at the heart of all we do. This creates sustainability and a proactive and precise project approach, which means our clients get the best experience and value.
Phew is looking to appoint a Junior Full Stack Developer to join our growing agile team. The role will be to support our world class offering of Websites (WordPress) and Software Solutions to meet Accessibility, Compliance, Regulatory and best practice standards.
The successful candidate will join our cross-functional agile team with the potential for significant growth.
We’re looking for someone who has “the right stuff” and is looking for work with a rewarding client base to deliver our vision and mission. They must have fantastic communication and organisation skills, with a flair for innovation.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering amazing WordPress solutions, understand the fundamentals of accessible by design, and have implemented frameworks into SaaS products. Ideally you will have worked in an agile environment.
You will showcase a hands-on approach, enabling us to deliver world class, client service.
Your ability to consistently drive innovation and continuous improvement will be key to ensuring a positive impact and influence of our systems so that our business is always leading the way in our markets.
The main duties and responsibilities shown below are not exhaustive but should merely be regarded as a guide. The role will be expected to conduct any reasonable activities according to the business needs at that time and breathe our vision in everything that they do.
- Develop, maintain and test our client and internal web development projects.
- Building and maintaining content management (WordPress) and eCommerce systems.
- Building website content.
- Completing plan deliverables.
- Producing task and estimates to support commercial objectives.
- QA and peer reviews.
- Offer client 1st and 2nd level support.
- Out of hours critical support cover (on rota with team).
- Support Agile principles, using the Scrum framework.
- Using Industry standards and best practice.
- 1 to 2 years +, experience working in Digital Agency or SaaS environment.
- Intermediate level: HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL/JScript.
- WordPress content management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working with ISO 9001:2015 & 27001.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience maintaining Infrastructure needs: Servers / Email relay / Log Management.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with Frameworks: Bootstrap.
- Experience with Asana.
- Experience of Support ticketing system (HubSpot).
- Experience with UX.
- Experience of CRM systems.
- Experience of Accessibility.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Salma Miah, Business Support Manager at email@example.com.