Quality Assurance Tester
Line Responsibility: Client Services Manager
Hours: Full time. Option for flexible hours to suit the needs of the business
Location: Thurleigh, Bedford/Flexible/Hybrid
Salary Range: £28,000 to £32,000
As a Quality Assurance Tester at Phew, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and performance of our software solutions tailored for public sector clients. You will work closely with our development team to identify issues, assess system functionality, and contribute to the overall excellence of our products.
The role will liaise directly with clients, our team and external suppliers as required.
The main duties and responsibilities shown below are not exhaustive but should merely be regarded as a guide. The job holder will be expected to conduct any reasonable activities according to the business needs at that time.
Key Responsibilities include
- Test Planning: Collaborate with product managers and developers to understand project requirements and create comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Manual Testing: Execute manual test cases to identify and report software defects, ensuring that all functionalities meet quality standards.
- Automated Testing: Develop and maintain automated test scripts to enhance testing efficiency and coverage.
- Regression Testing: Conduct thorough regression testing to validate bug fixes and enhancements across multiple software releases.
- Performance Testing: Assess and report on the performance and scalability of software applications.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Coordinate and support UAT activities with clients to ensure alignment with their requirements.
- Defect Management: Document and track defects using issue tracking tools, working closely with development teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Documentation: Create and maintain detailed test documentation, including test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Second Line Support: Provide essential support, identifying and reproducing issues that clients have raised through our helpdesk.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to process improvement initiatives, promoting best practices in software quality assurance.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., Selenium, JUnit) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, Audit Systems, or website development is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality software.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment with a Scrum model
- Experience in the public sector, especially in safeguarding, schools, or healthcare, is a significant advantage.
Phew is a leading SaaS company dedicated to providing innovative software solutions for public sector organisations, with a strong focus on safeguarding, education and healthcare. Our products, include Learning Management Systems, Audit Systems, Patient Discharge Management Systems and Websites, are designed to streamline operations, enhance compliance, and improve user experiences in these critical sectors.
We always put our clients’ needs at the forefront of what we do. Collaborating on every decision, we work together with our clients to deliver on our promises and leave a legacy that creates a wider social impact.
We embrace innovation and thrive on the debate it creates. We believe disrupting the norm, challenges and empowers us to continually improve and enhance our world-class software as a service.
This enables us to provide best-in-class software tools that make a real difference in the health and public sectors. We have created a whole range of software solutions including Learning Management Systems, Audit Systems, and Patient Discharge Systems that have made hospitals, safeguarding bodies, and other public sector organisations more effective and efficient, positively changing the day-to-day lives of our client’s stakeholders.
We encourage a culture of development, growth, and productivity and place our people at the heart of all we do. We have fun whilst creating a proactive and precise project approach to our work, which means our clients get the best experience and our team enjoys the environment we work in.
Phew is committed to supporting our team, and they are at the heart of our success. We value and appreciate the dedication and contributions of our exceptional team and therefore have created packages to not only provide a competitive annual salary, but also offer benefits that make a meaningful difference in your professional and personal life. These currently include: Hybrid and Flexible working, Professional Development Plan, Health and Wellness Benefits, Professional Coaching, Life Assurance, and more to be added soon. We believe that by investing in you, we are investing in our shared future success.
To be the ‘Go-To’ provider to drive effectiveness for our clients with a requirement for our products.
- Provide best-in-class software tools
- Make a real difference, through knowledge, in the public sectors we work with
- Create a culture of development, growth and productivity
- Place people at the heart of all we do
- Commit to client collaboration
- Create sustainability
- Be forward thinking
- Indispensable to our clients
- Proactive and precise project management
- An innovative approach
- Behave in a respectful manner
- Be transparent
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be accountable
- An approachable team
- Have fun
- Commit and deliver with integrity
- Work together
- Deliver continuous improvement
- Communicate clearly
- Empower and excite
- Be consistent
- Encourage and nurture
- Challenge assumptions
- Find solutions to solve problems
How to Apply
If you are a dedicated Quality Assurance Tester looking to contribute your skills to a company committed to public sector improvement, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phew is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.